Tuesday, January 29, 2008

{to Stalk or not to Stalk, that is the question?}

I almost became a "scrapbook stalker" today. Looking back, I should have. I should have just embarrassed myself. Who knows, the payoff could have been high or I could have really really embarassed myself in this small little town that I live in, I could have ended up on the post office wall as the town scrapbooking stalker freak and therefore, would never have a scrapbooking peep again!! Never invited to a crop, or for a cup of coffee or a trip to a LSS, or just a day of good old fashioned scrapbooking. Okay, you ask "what the heck are you talking about?" Mark and I went out for a really nice breakfast this morning at Cracker Barrel and what did I see in the parking lot???? I saw a Jeep, a really cool, hip Jeep with a rub-on that said "I'd rather be Scrappin'" Wow!! Who did that belong to?? So, we went into Cracker Barrell and I scoped out all of the tables and there was a table of 4 ladies chatting and enjoying their last cup of coffee (lookie there, I LOVE coffee!!). Could one of these ladies be the scrapbooker with the cool Jeep? Did she need a new scrapbooking buddy? Because I am totally available! Mark told me just to go over and ask, I thought about it and the whole time I sat at our table and instead of asking, I eavesdropped and probably did a lot of starring. Trying to figurre out, is this the scrapbooker or better yet, is this the group of scrappers??? Do they exist here? I whimped out and now I have a severe case of scrapbook stalker remorse. Sad, but true. I have will say that I cannot totally complain, I have managed to make a friend to scrap with and I am very excited about that, but you cannot ever have too many "peeps". Right?

3 comments:

Renee said...

One can never have too many scrappin peeps!! LOL You are way too funny! Watch out, those ladies might have been the same kind of scrappers we have been encountering around here? *shakes head* Where have all the good scrappers gone? We might have to start some kind of club to get these people scrapping the 21st century style?

Lorrie said...

Ok girl -- you MAY have a few new scrapping friends, but they SHALL NOT BE CALLED PEEPS.
You left the PEEPS in Va. We are the only/REAL peeps, but we do hope find some new scrapping buddies soon..

gottablogmom said...

Girl you better stop stalking those ladies and put an ad in the personal classifieds. Hey, that would be a great new business you could start. Instead of E-Harmony.com you could start E-Scrappy.com and match up croppers all over the country with their perfect cropping companions. I think I'm onto something.....