Thursday, January 24, 2008

{Got toothpaste?, Need toothpaste!}

Do you ever just need to go to the store for just one item, one item and that is it?? You don't need to go to Wal Mart, the store of a million things that you probably don't really need, but will end up buying anyway and then wonder how you ended up going into the "savings" store and walking out spending a 100 bucks on a whole lot of nothing..... Right now, I need one thing, I need toothpaste. That one thing is very important, its right up there with toilet paper. My thing is, I have been running all week, mostly in circles, but running none the less and I had not planned on leaving the house today. I planned on cleaning, laundry, and maybe, just maybe if I am lucky one itty bitty scrapbook page (not looking too promising right now). Anyway, its not like we are right around the corner from anything, its a trek into "town" to get a tube of toothpaste. So, I could call Mark and ask him to pick up a tube or two on his way home from work, but this is what that scenario will turn into, and I think that most of you ladies can relate, he will come home with $50 worth of stuff that we don't need and can't afford and he may even forget the toothpaste in the process. Bless his little heart. What to do? Put on the make-up? Take off the sweats? Head out into the land of the living, waste a few dollars of gas. (Gas is up to $3.09 a gallon, TRUE STORY!) for a tube of toothpaste or maybe just let our teeth rot for a day??? hhhhmmm..

4 comments:

Renee said...

There's always Laurel Island Food mart? LOL Ack Ack!! I know what you are saying about going out to get one thing, at Wally world of all places. That's why I don't care anymore what I look like when I go out...slippers and all!!

Ramona said...

If it makes you feel a little bit better, gas costs about 8.50$ here in Germany right now. So just imagine what you save when you fill your car and don't feel too bad about spending it. :)

Benita said...

LOL....I can SO relate! I hate going to Target for that very reason :)

gottablogmom said...

Got any baking soda in the fridge, LOL. Just kiddin, that stuff is NASTY but that's what my grandma used. Give me some good old fashion mint flavor Colgate any day!! I will pay for the gas not to have FUNKY breath going on.