Saturday, December 1, 2007

{Holy Cannelloni Batman!}

Holy Cannelloni Batman, it has been the craziest 2 days!!! I feel like every time I get on and blog I have a story of drama & insanity to tell lately, but this one is going to take the cake! Okay, here's the deal squeal, my plan was to leave my house yesterday @ 5AM to make my 7AM flight to Virginia because I have to drive to Jax to fly out, I did not wake up until 5:19AM because the alarm didn't go off!! yes, that's right, I did not get up until I was supposed to be half way to Jax. So, I went to the airport driving 85MPH with no make-up, no deodorant, no shower, (but I did brush my teeth!). And everyone knows that I look like quite the "catch", but without make-up I look like I have been in a bar room brawl and that is due to the inherited dark circles under my eyes which I got from my Dad. My question is out of all of the inherited traits why did I have to get his dark circles and extremely dry skin, why not get the kick butt metabolism? (My Dad could eat McDonald's 3 times a day and probably not hardly gain a pound!) Anyway, back to my harrowing misadventure of trying to make my 7AM flight, in a panic of trying to figure out where to park and shuttle to the airport, I just pulled over to one of the many park & ride spots I saw on the side of the road (yeah, I have no idea where I have parked the car, who knows! What I am going to do at 11PM on Monday when I arrive back in Jax, I have no idea). I thought that I was going to have to plead with the curbside check- in guy because I couldn't find my cash to check my bags (there was a $2 per bag fee), but as I was preparing for my "make-up less, woe is me, I don't have time to stand in line story", I found my rolled up stash of dough. I arrived to get on the plane just as they were loading zone 1-3, just enough time to run into the bathroom to at least get some make-up on!! My next stop was Charlotte where I was faced with the fact that I was going to have to board a "puddle" jumper, its a good thing that the weather was good or I might be typing this from a hotel room in Charlotte North Carolina. After arriving here in Virginia, I have been going non-stop with lunch with Collin, a crop til ya drop until midnight with the girls and Karen Jo & I even hit an Awful Waffle after midnight last night for "breakfast and a show". That is another story for another day. Then, I spent a very nostalgic day working up at the store doing make & take's and seeing a lot of the customers, working & hanging with "T" and a bunch of my friends all wearing reindeer ears or silly Santa Ho Hats, taking pictures, eating cake, selling as much scrap crap as possible. And now its late and I am completely exhausted, but loving every minute of it.

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

wow... you didn't even mention the best part of the trip to VA....

ME.

gottablogmom said...

Hope you found your car.....