Thursday, March 13, 2008

{unexpected}


I woke this morning and drudged off for another day of work and mind you, I don't mind my job.I absolutely love the people that I work with, my job is fun, but lately we have been deader than dead and I have way tooooo much energy to not be busy and so the last couple of days I thought that I might just about loose my ever loving mind sitting in my teller chair when we haven't been very busy. Truth be told, yesterday I almost said, "well, since we aren't very busy, I'm going to just take off". But its a bank and I'm on the schedule. Also, I find myself "snacking" when we aren't busy and that is just a horrible habit that when I am busy, I just don't do. (FACT: Smarties do not make you smarter, they make you fatter, so they should be called Fatties? LOL, was that a bad joke?) Anyway, back to my "unexpected" day, because it was so slow, they asked me if I wanted to go ahead and take off at 2 o'clock. Well, I jumped at the chance!! I thought of the grocery store that I could hit and the laundry that was calling my name and some clean up that I could really do at home. So, whoo hoo, I was so outta there! On to my good part (Can I tell a story or what?), Mark called me to tell me that his old Master Chief from the USS Greeneville (lovingly referred to as the Green Evil) daughter, who we LOVE was in town with her 22 month old son and did I want him to invite her over to dinner. Heck yes!! I was so excited to see them. I used to drive and pick up this kid from school in Hawaii some.......clearing throat.....years ago. Now mind you, we have seen her quite often for years, but I haven't really seen her since the baby was born and I was so excited to see him. He was a total trip!! We had the best time reminiscing and playing with him, he is a smart cookie.......I love toddlers. Funny, but I am not a huge baby person, but I am lovin' the toddlers!! Just seeing how she has grown up and now she's a Mom, don't I feel old? But just a great surprise. It was just an unexpected good day.

3 comments:

gottablogmom said...

Lay off them smarties girl, you worked to hard..(like I got room to talk!) That is a eye opening experience when a KID that you know has a kid and becomes a mom. Makes you feel old, doesn't it? My god-daughter having a baby did that for me. Glad you had a good time though.

Maggie Lamarre said...

I know what u mean it seems the kids are grown overnite..
Have a great day,
Maggie

Dalayney's Doodles said...

Hey girly~ Found your blog through twopeas! Love it! I'm a nebraska girl myself and envy that you get to plant flowers already.... (sigh) I have my first giveaway on my blog for some sweet flip flops!
Have a good weekend~ dalayney