Wednesday, March 5, 2008

{little black cloud}

Its so weird, when I was growing up and most of my adulthood (up until 2 years ago), I have had the luxury of not having to really deal with death of a loved one unless it was an elderly person in our family and was "expected". I mean my great grandmother didn't pass away until she was 103 years old, at that point its "expected", none the less sad for the times with her that we'll miss, but she lived a full and happy life. But in the last 2 years, I have had 2 people and very young people, that were very close to me pass away. Its something that really haunts you for a very long time, and really (at this point) doesn't go away.

My sister called this AM crying, her 14 year old stepdaugher, Ari, has been hospitalized for several weeks with pneumonia and she has had 2 surgeries and isn't getting any better, at this point the doctors are throwing up their hands and say that they have no clue. Ari also has downs syndrome so they have been down this road quite a bit, but this time is different and they think that they might loose her this time. The heartache of that is too much to bare and I just hate to even think that they may have to go down that road. We love Ari, she is such a quirky, fun, unique little girl and I do ask for any prayers to be sent her way. I know that I would really appreciate it. That's it for tonight, I'm tired. Its been a long day. On top of it all, my Dad was in a car accident today and had to go to the hospital. He's okay, but seems to have whip lash. He will be sore tomorrow. .......go away little black cloud.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry. I'm very glad that your dad is okay. I'll will pray for both of them.

toners said...

Thinking of you all...what a tough time to go through.

Lorrie said...

I just wanted you to know that I've been praying for Ari and her family. how sad.
And I hope your dad is doing ok.
I agree --- get thee behind Darleen you little black cloud!!!!!!
love you peep!!

gottablogmom said...

I am sorry to hear of another loved one with serious health issues. I know it seems like these things groups. I will be praying for Ari and thanking God that your Dad's accident wasn't more serious.
HUGS!!!

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear about the situation you and your family are going through - BUT hopefully a "compliment" from me to you (on my blog) will cheer you up :)